RESEARCH OFFICER NEEDED
NGO Education Partnership (NEP) is a membership organization that coordinates dialogue and cooperation among key stakeholders to improve the quality and accessibility of education in Cambodia.
NEP is looking for a qualified person to fill in position of Research Officer, to be based in Phnom Penh.
Designing Research Methodology:
- Assist Research Coordinator in identifying the research needs/topics through discussion or consultative meetings/workshops with members and relevant stakeholders.
- Work with Research Coordinator to develop research concept notes, proposals, and term of references (including the design of research methodology, scope, sampling approach, sample size, and tools).
Conducting and Managing Fieldwork:
- Manage all aspect of fieldwork activities, including research administration/logistics and organization of fieldwork to support Research Coordinator.
- Organize, design, and carry out fieldwork with different target groups in different locations and contexts across Cambodia.
- Recruit, train, facilitate, and monitor the quality of fieldwork and data collected for the research undertakes by NEP.
- Conduct field monitoring and check the quality of data collected for the research commissions to research consultancy firms/teams.
Analysis and Reporting:
- Take responsibility for data management, data entry and data cleaning, and administration as it relates to delivering work.
- Carry out quantitative data analysis of existing secondary data sets and primary quantitative data, using Excel and/or SPSS.
- Conduct qualitative analysis of data conducted through interviews, focus groups, workshops or other methods.
- Carry out desktop research, using a range of methods and sources of data.
- Assist with Research Coordinator to produce high-quality research outputs for a range of audiences including analysis and report writing.
- Assist the Research Coordinator to brief/present NEP’s research findings to target groups so that the findings can be used for advocacy and related actions.
- Work with Research Coordinator to organize launching workshops and other meetings to promote key findings and track the recommendations from research reports.
2- Administrative & General Support
- Provide and draft information on key events organized or attended by research team to Research Coordinator to contribute to the newsletter and digest.
- Provide information to assist reports for donors and for NEP’s monitoring and evaluation.
- Be responsible for proper use of budget within research activities.
- Assist the establishment of each Research Advisory Group such as organizing meeting times and dates, taking and distributing notes.
- When appropriate, work with the NEP’s Executive Director to obtain permission from the relevant ministry in the Royal Government of Cambodia to conduct the research.
- Being a focal point to support P-ESWGs at the assigned provinces and responsibilities.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Research Coordinator in line with the grade of the post.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in research, social sciences, or a relevant field.
- At least three years working experience of having designed and conducted research is desirable.
- Experience of designing quantitative and qualitative research tools.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, methodologies, and data analysis.
- Strong skills and experience of quantitative and statistical data analysis using Excel and/or SPSS/STATA or related analysis package is a must.
- Experience of conducting qualitative analysis using Excel, Word and/or NVivo.
- Strong understanding of various methods for primary research including interviews, surveys, focus group discussions and observations.
- Experience of conducting desktop research or writing desk review reports.
- Experience of monitoring data collection and oversee data management process.
- Evidence of having delivered or contributed to the delivery of high-quality social research outputs or reports.
- Good communication and written in English language, and excellent in Khmer.
- Ability to travel and work outside of Phnom Penh overnight.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work well as part of a team.
Deadline of application
Interested candidate can send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to #41, St. 464, Sangkat TuolTompoung II, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh.
Office phone: (855) 23 224 774. Deadline for applications is 20th January 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Women are encouraged to apply. NEP is an equal opportunity employer.